Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A SUITABLE NOVEL...

“How do you read this much digest novel?” a person asked me, sitting in a sleeper class compartment.
I replied, “I don’t have to complete it in one day, it takes me several days, sometimes a few months and it is very interesting novel, every time I read two pages it makes me more curious to go further”.
It happens when you see somebody to have such a digest novel and u become impatient because of the thickness of it. When I was a child I too became agitated and can’t digest the digest novels, but gradually my age overpowers this habit and now I develop little patience for novels and digests.
Recently I saw Vikram Seth’s ‘A Suitable boy’, oh my God!! How he had written it? I was stunned- amazed-dazed as it contains 1273 pages. It was a huge novel, having a big and heavy size. I wonder how anyone carries it on a trip and I have no doubt if I throw it on anyone he get injured or if he is unlucky possibly he can die also. Then I thought may be, he (Vikram Seth) is the most patient person in the world. The shock took me to remember my mathematics book of 12th class (R.D.sharma), I think it has more pages than this novel. Certainly I realize reading a novel is an easy task than solving those horny calculus questions. If I could solve those horniest thing, than I can read this novel also. Thanks for R.D.sharma for boosting my patience.
My friend is also a writer, in fact a very good writer. He is writing a three novels and one among them is on my life, not a biography (hehehe…not yet a starry life) but on a particular experience of my life.
I told him,“see Vikram Seth’s ‘a Suitable boy', you should take inspiration from him. He has written such a huge novel and you are not able to complete one single novel also”. Then he replied in a funny way, “Why shouldn’t I combine my all three novels and make it a multiple story novel like what Ram Gopal Verma did in his films ‘Darna mana hai’ and ‘Darna zaroori hai’.” I quickly responded,”Then I m sure bhai, people will address it as a 'A. ki novel' (RGV’s ki aag)” and we both broke into a laugh.
Well after this long perpetual incidence, I made my mind to buy “a suitable boy” and at least once in my lifetime I should have to read this heavy novel. So that I can say to my friends, that I am not impatient person because I read “A SUITABLE BOY”.


- MOHAMMED FARHAN KHAN

4 comments:

Priyanka Choudhary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MOHAMMED FARHAN KHAN said...

hehhehehe...
yeah i m very impatient person but only in some matters, otherwise i hav a patience dear.

Priyanka Choudhary said...

hiiiiii
srry yaar galati se mera comment delete ho gaya.......
anyways thnx for the answerrrr....

Ride Of Thoughts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.